I am a little, ok a big Harry Potter geek and when I saw Are and Pops looking for bloggers to tag in the Harry Potter tag I added my link to the thread without a second thought. It’s been a while since I did a tag post on here and I can’t believe how much I’ve missed doing them.
Word of warning this is a fairly long tag post so I hope you don’t get bored part way through.
1. Favourite Harry Potter book?
Philosopher’s Stone is the book that I can re-read numerous times and never get bored of those pages filled with the discovery of a new world.
2. Least favourite Harry Potter book?
Chamber of Secrets is my least favourite as the basilisk reminds me of the creatures that I have a phobia of.
3. Favourite Harry Potter movie?
Philosopher’s Stone is the one that still gives me chills when I watch it so that one would probably be my favourite.
4. Least favourite Harry Potter movie?
Deathly Hallows Part One and only because of the death at the end *sniff*.
5. Favourite quote?
I’m being cheeky and posting two because I love them both.
Ron attempting to turn Scabbers yellow – “Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow.”
Dumbledore’s speech at the end of the Philosopher’s Stone – “It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends.”
6. Favourite Weasley?
Ginny but the one from the books, not the films.
7. Favourite female character?
Hermione will always be my favourite character as I see so much of myself in her.
8. Favourite villain?
Bellatrix Lestrange as you know she’s downright evil but also a fun type of crazy too.
9. Favourite male character?
I have several but I just can’t seem to narrow this down. Probably Lupin for being the voice of reason when chaos ensues.
10. Favourite professor?
Professor McGonnagal. Anyone that can turn into a cat is a winner in my eyes.
11. Least favourite character?
Dolores Umbridge is the character that I think we all hate more than Lord Voldemort.
12. Is there a character you felt differently about in the movies?
Definitely Ginny. In the books, I felt like she was a great character and role model but the way she was written for the movies just didn’t work for me.
13. Is there a movie you preferred to the book?
Philosopher’s Stone as I felt it moved along quicker than the book but was still exciting to see for the first time.
14. Richard Harris or Michael Gambon as Dumbledore?
Michael Gambon – no question. Next!
15. Your top thing (person or event) that wasn’t in the movies that you wanted there the most?
I really wanted Peeves in the movies as he made the books more fun.
16. If you could remake any of the movies, which would it be and why?
All of them. They all had pieces missing but Prisoner of Azkaban had lines given to the wrong characters so I would remake that scene.
17. Which house was your first gut feeling you’d be part of?
I could have sworn I would end up in Ravenclaw.
18. Which house were you actually sorted into on Pottermore?
I’m going to let you into a little secret here… I’ve forgotten. On the plus side, I set up a new account and been resorted into *drum roll* Hufflepuff. Not quite what I was expecting but oh well.
19. Which class would be your favourite?
I love the idea of studying charms and how to open locked doors, lift objects and have the peeler do the potatoes all by itself.
20. Is there any aspect of the books you would change?
Weirdly, I don’t think there is as I wouldn’t know where to start and if I did start I’d probably still be making changes in twenty years time.
21. Favourite marauder?
Sirius and only because he can turn into a dog.
22. If you could bring one character back to life who would it be?
Dobby… That’s the one death that made me cry and does everytime I watch that film.
23. Which spell would be most useful to learn?
Accio – for when you can’t find the remote would be the most useful I think. Or when your mobile phone disappears inside the sofa and the damn thing is on silent and you spend an hour pulling the house apart looking for it.
24. If you were on a quidditch team which position would you play?
I wouldn’t be on the team in the first place but if I was probably Beater as I wouldn’t be any good at the other positions.
25. Were you happy with the ending?
Early on in the last book I’d sort of established what was going to happen so it was nice to be right.