So this month with my student loan I set myself a shopping challenge. To buy all the items on my current wish list for under £100.
The list included:
- A sturdy leather handbag
- Mother’s Day present
- New shoes
- A couple of items for my holiday in August
1. The handbag I chose was this beauty from New Look
I’ve a seen few people with it round uni and the photos make it look nice and roomy too which is good as I am the embodiment of Mary Poppins when it comes to handbags. Looking forward to using it on a daily basis.
2. The Mother’s Day present. This one was trickier as my mum can be quite hard to buy for. I’ve opted for a dvd of an old children’s show which I know she’ll love and also a box of truffles from Prestat
. These just aren’t any old box of chocolates – they are housed in a box covered in gorgeous Libety print (and yes I swear my addiction to their products is getting worse) – £11.95
3. New Shoes – a good friend of mine (and a loyal reader) started buying Toms and up until I’ve been unsure about them until I spotted this gorgeous pair on the Schuh
website with a discount which made them £14.99. They look gloriously comfortable as well as warm which is a huge consideration in this part of the world.
4. Lastly, I popped over to Matalan for a bikini top which caught my eye and I didn’t want to wait in case it sold out and at £6 it was hard to resist.
I have, however, opted to not go for the matching bottoms as they’re not really my style but I have found some lovely shorts from M&S which I will be buying next month when I get paid again.
Overall, that little lot came in at £57.93 which means I have a few pennies left over for anything else that catches my eye.
Feel free to share or leave me a comment – always happy for feedback
Sponsored content or products sent for review purposes are marked with an *. However, all views and opinions are entirely my own. For more information please view my full disclaimer